There are so many choices for Australians to get their favourites foods delivered only using a smartphone. Deliveroo is one of the first companies in the country to deliver food orders right at your doorstep.
The Deliveroo food delivery service was arrived in Sydney and Melbourne in 2015 as part of its global expansion, only two years after the company was founded in 2013. Currently, you can find this service in more than twenty cities across Australia.
To be able to compete with the biggest player in food delivery service – Uber Eats, Deliveroo is aggressively adding more supported restaurants. At the end of the first quarter of 2019, the number of restaurant partners in Deliveroo platform reaches 10,000 restaurants.
Where is Deliveroo Available in Australia?
As a global food delivery company, Deliveroo has been operated in more than 500 cities in 14 countries around the world. Australia is one of the biggest markets as it has served more than 20 cities and cooperated with more than 10,000 restaurants around the country.
The following are some cities and suburbs where you can order food via Deliveroo app as well as become a delivery partner to get additional income.
|New South Wales||Sydney
This specific requirement is useful to find out more about you in person and to check whether you are eligible to deliver with them and whether your personal documents comply with the state’s rules.
- You must be at least 18 years old, it’s the minimum working age required by law for an individual to work.
- Having a document that shows you are an Australian citizen which can be a birth certificate, citizenship certificate or Australian Passport. For non-citizens, you must be able to have a valid VISA that provides work rights.
- You may have to pass an online background check, they will do an online crime check against your personal information.
- As independent contractor yang delivering food using the digital platform, you’re required to apply for ABN (Australian Business Number).
- You must have a Full Australian or International Driver’s License to be able to deliver with a motorbike, scooter or car. A learner or probationary licence is accepted for scooter and motorcycle.
If you plan to deliver food with a car, motorbike or scooter. You must provide additional documents relating to the legality of your vehicle.
- The vehicle must be in good condition and Comply with every vehicle rules.
- Vehicles must be registered in Australia, proven by a vehicle certificate.
- The vehicle must have a valid insurance policy, it can be a CTP (Comprehensive Third Party) or Comprehensive Insurance.
To support you in delivering food, Deliveroo gives you access to high-quality delivery equipment for free. The equipment that you get will differ depending on the vehicle you are using.
- Driver jacket (bike and scooter only)
- Thermal bag small or large
- Cube backpack (scooter), roll top backpack (bicycle)
- Car, scooter or bike phone mount
How to Apply
If you are interested in delivering with them, you can register online via Deliveroo official registration page. Before registering, make sure you have all the documents needed for both personal and vehicle docs.
After submitting your information, you will get feedback from them within a few days, depending on how many driver applications they are currently processing.