After the personal documents requirements that we have authored before, the next stage is car requirements. This to ensure that your vehicle is eligible to hit the road with Uber.
Not only the availability of your vehicle docs, to get approved to drive with Uber, your car also needs to comply with predetermined criteria. The requirements also depend on the Vehicle Options that you choose when registering later.
Uber Car Requirements in Sydney
There are basic or minimum requirements relating to the condition and legality of your vehicle. This requirement must be owned or passed by your vehicle, applies to all Vehicle Options that Uber offers.
- No over the age of 10 years for regular service and at least 7 years old for premium service.
- A car with 4-doors, 4 passenger seats and no more than 7 passenger seats, excluding driver’s seat.
- Not an ex-taxis, government or rebuilt cars.
- No commercial branding on the external car’s body.
- It’s in good working conditions, whether it’s a problem-free engine, an exterior that is free from significant cosmetic damage, and an interior part like the seats is still in good shape with no significant stains. Also, don’t forget to make sure the Air Conditioning and the windows are still functioning properly.
- The car is registered in New South Wales and has a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance.
- Pass eSafety Checks (Pink Slips) for vehicle aged 2013 – 2017 and require annual re-inspection. For 2018 and 2008 – 2012 cars, does not require a pink slips since they are already inspected. Uber will tell you during the driver-partner registration process when your vehicle does require it.
After being sure that your vehicle meets the minimum requirements, it’s time to take a look at additional requirements that are adjusted to the Vehicle Options that you choose.
Note: Your car and Uber account may be qualified to online with more than one Vehicle Options, for instance, if you have an SUV car you may eligible to receive an UberXL and an UberX trip at once.
If you have no idea about what kind of vehicle can be used to drive with Uber, you can read the Uber eligible car list.
|Vehicle Options||Additional Requirements|
Some people might say that there are too many requirements needed and it seems difficult to obtain. However, when deciding the vehicle requirements in Sydney, Uber refers to New South Wales transport regulation.
Although the requirements are quite a lot, you can still get the requirements quite easily. Such as the vehicle inspection or pink slips requirements, Uber partnered with Redbook Inspect to make it easy for you, and once it’s done they will upload the report for you.