Long before Uber Eats opened its first service in Melbourne, in 2007 there was a food delivery service called Menulog. It’s an Australian based company which was only one year old since it just opened in Sydney in 2006.
According to Wikipedia, the company has over 10,000 restaurant partners across Australia. Almost every type of food you can find at Menulog, from famous franchise restaurants such as McDonald’s and Pizza Hut to local restaurants in Melbourne suburban that offer more than one hundred types of cuisine.
In Australia, Menulog is almost available in every city around the country. However, in several smaller cities and suburbs, only a few restaurants support delivery by Menulog’s couriers, most restaurants use their own couriers to deliver their food.
That is why Menulog does not open registration for new delivery partners or couriers in several cities even though you can order food there.
Menulog is indeed available in most cities and suburbs around Australia, however, most of them only support in-restaurant pickup or use restaurant special courier. From the information we got from a delivery partner, there are only a few cities around Australia that are listed in the Menulog Courier registration page at the moment.
These are some of the cities that currently accept new Menulog driver registrations: New South Wales (Sydney and Newcastle), Victoria (Melbourne and Bendigo), Queensland (Brisbane and Gold Coast), South Australia (Adelaide), Western Australia (Perth) and ACT (Canberra).
This requirement relates to your personal information including your proof of identity.
- You at least 18 years old or more.
- You should always be dressed nicely, professional and polite.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are an independent contractor at all times and are under no obligation to provide services to Menulog.
- You are free to work with other businesses, including other online food delivery business.
- You have a Passport or right to work in Australia.
- You hold and ABN (Australian Business Number).
- You may be required to pass an online background check.
This requirement relates to the legality of your vehicle that will be used in food delivery service.
- You must hold a Full Australian or International driver’s licence.
- (If relevant) Use a motorcycle/scooter helmet that meets Australian Standards and other necessary safety equipment.
- Vehicle Documents
- The vehicle is insuranced (including CTP insurance).
- The vehicle must validly registered in Australia.
- The vehicle need to be 1990 or newer and it’s in good condition.
- Comply with all vehicle laws relating to safety.
This requirement relates to various equipment that supports you when delivering.
- You have a smartphone or tablet device running iOS or Android Operating System.
- You have an insulated bag so that hot food can be received by the eater in suitable temperature.
How to Apply
If you feel you already have all the specified requirements, you can immediately register online via Menulog official site. We also write a guide about how to become Menulog driver, step by step with screenshots.
You can start sending via the Menulog platform after you complete the entire registration process, provide valid documents, pass a quick screening call, and have all the necessary equipment.
Ravindra Bishun · March 19, 2021 at 11:38 am
want to register to become a menu log driver
zakaria · April 29, 2021 at 5:20 am
can a red plate driver work for menulog
Grant · May 15, 2021 at 3:21 pm
I dont beleive so, I tried applying with red P’s and they rejected me, I had to search deep to find it burried somewhere on their website that they do not accept P1 licences. I am also not sure if they accept P2 either but I would assume so as I dont remember anything about P2.