After six years of building a food delivery business in North America and becoming the largest market share then beat some of its rivals such as GrubHub and Uber Eats. Doordash finally chose Australia for their first expansion outside its homeland in early September 2019.
In Australia, Doordash picked Melbourne as the first city where Australians could try their on-demand food and groceries delivery service. There are several reasons why they selected this city, Melbourne is the most liveable city in the world, another reason is the city also named among the top foodie cities around the world.
In the on-demand food delivery industry, Doordash is certainly not alone in this country, several companies are offering similar services, ranging from the Australian founded company Menulog, the UK based company Deliveroo and the current market rulers who are also their rivals in its homeland, Uber Eats.
Where is Doordash Available in Australia?
Aside in the capital of Victoria, Doordash also plans to expand its services to the suburbs of Melbourne and then several regional cities around it. Doordash also plans to spread its wings to other parts of Australia such as Sydney (New South Wales) and Brisbane (Queensland) until 2020.
As a new player on the continent, Doordash certainly needs a lot of delivery partners or also known as Dasher. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of their efforts to become an on-demand food delivery market leader in Australia.
Delivery by Bike Requirements
Bicycles are the most efficient vehicles for delivering food orders, especially for delivering food in rush hour and in the city where four-wheeled vehicles find it difficult to break through traffic. Using a bicycle for delivery also requires fewer requirements docs.
- You must be over 18 years old and be able to ride a bicycle
- Have access to an iPhone or Android smartphone
- Having a personal identity, it can be an Australian Passport, Birth Certificate or Citizenship Certificate. If you do not have Australian citizenship then you must show a valid visa that provides your work rights in the country
- Pass an online background check against your provided personal information.
- Having an Australian Business Number (ABN). Every delivery driver in Australia are required to apply for an ABN.
Delivery by Motorcycle and Car
Besides bicycles, you also have the option of delivery with a car or motorbike, each vehicle has its own advantages. With a scooter or motorcycle, you can reach restaurants and deliver your order faster with less effort. Delivery by car allows you to receive and deliver many food orders at one time.
If you are interested in becoming a delivery driver using a motorbike or car with Doordash. Then you need to look at some of the requirements below.
- You’re at least 18 years old
- Held an Australian Driver Licence
- Having a Proof ID (Australian Passport, Citizenship or Birth Certificate), if you doesn’t have Australian citizenship you can use a visa with right to work
- Pass online background check
- You can use any vehicle, however, it’s need to be 1990 model or newer, registered in Australia dan CTP-insured
How to Apply?
Just like other on-demand delivery applications, if you intend to become a Doordash delivery driver or commonly referred to as Dasher, you can try to apply online via their main website. After you provide all the information required, give them a few days to verify it. You should get feedback within a few working days.